Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed some updates and bug fixes from Mandriva 2006. Now, I can't become SU anymore since I get this message: su: /lib/libpam_misc.so.0: no version information available (required by su) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

If it ain't broke...

I installed some updates and bug fixes from Mandriva 2006. Now, I can't become SU anymore since I get this message:

su: /lib/libpam_misc.so.0: no version information available (required by su)
    su: /lib/libpam.so.0: no version information available (required by su)
    su: incorrect password

How do I fix this since I can't remove the packages I installed without becoming SU?

Anyone know??

Thanx.

I suppose you can get some new files from Mandriva CDs and then copy them to your actual install using a Live CD, it shouldn't be too hard
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    Which files do I get from the CD and which ones are they?

??

...and how do I do it. (Sorry, idiot alert!!)

Thanx.

Just Joined!

Maybe this will help

When I was updating some files in 2007, I saw something about that, atleast I think anyway. There was files for you to examine when you updated, it contain the information. If that isn't the case, then there is an additional update that corrects that problem. It says something about PAM not linking right with the root user..... yadayada(I can't remember) Anyways check the mandriva forums.

Just Joined!
    Uhh...okay.

Is there a way where I can find out which files I changed and unchange (remove) them?

Just Joined!

Is There Anybody Out There????!!!!!

Is There Anybody Out There????!!!!!

Hi

If it was me I would boot from the installation disk, and select 'upgrade' (rather than any install from scratch options). Provided you have /home on a separate partition you should be fine. If not, then you'll probably lose some personal files. I think upgrading will just revert back to the system files on the disk.

It's always best to keep system files and the stuff you create yourself separate. It should work, but no guarantees with that.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!

Bye Linux

Picked up a Windows XP cd. It was free too.

I'm done with Linux for now.