Find the answer to your Linux question:
My main os is openSUSE 10.2 but I thought I'd give Mandriva a try too. I also thought I'd give Firefox 3.0 (granparadiso alpha) a try alongside Firefox 2.0. Fx ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Firefox tarball on Mandriva 2007

My main os is openSUSE 10.2 but I thought I'd give Mandriva a try too. I also thought I'd give Firefox 3.0 (granparadiso alpha) a try alongside Firefox 2.0.
    Fx 3 unloads straight from the tar into its own directory and operates from there fine on opensuse but I can't get it to work at all on Mandriva. I've checked owners and permissions but nothing works.
    Is there anything special about setting up software on Mandriva that I've missed?
    Pete

Hi Peteh,

I am fairly new to all this myself, but have you checked to see if, FX package is loaded and any additional packages, which may be required.(I think FX is included wiith Mandriva 2007) Than you can update the FX.

I would suggest using the MCC Mandrive Control Centre, to check and or install or upgrade packages.

OR alternately use the site below to download linux version of FX.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html

I Hope this is useful.

jnike

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Also check whether you have the libstdc++5 package installed on Mandriva.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I was surprised to get a response after so long - thanks both of you.
    I think it may be something to do with your suggestion, daark.child. Trying to run it in a console shows up a missing file from the package you mention.
    Because my main distro is opensuse, I haven't bothered to follow it up yet - so I'll let you know when I do.
    Thanks.
    Pete