Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by BlahBlah_X If you absolutely need to run WinAmp and you have a pc, use Wine HQ (google it). I would suggest XMMS however. Thanks for the help ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlah_X
    If you absolutely need to run WinAmp and you have a pc, use Wine HQ (google it).

I would suggest XMMS however.

Thanks for the help but isnt wine for running executables? Nullsoft actually released winamp 3 for Linux, that is what im trying to run. Contrary to what some people have said, after some searching on the net it appears the xmms and Winamp 3 for linux are two different things but im not absolutely sure

Anyway as long as i have the functionaity there it doesnt matter which i install. Thanks again everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by kraftwerk87
    Contrary to what some people have said, after some searching on the net it appears the xmms and Winamp 3 for linux are two different things but im not absolutely sure
    WinAmp and XMMS are most certainly two separate programs, and I don't think anyone ever tried to tell you otherwise. They do have nearly identical features and you can use the same skins for both programs, however WinAmp is a commercial, closed-source music program and XMMS is open-source and free.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Thankyou techimoe, somebody did mention that winamp was going to be released as linamp but instead was released as xmms. However as i mentioned and as you confirmed they are different programs.

ofcourse these two are different programs BUT these are developed by same team.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2