Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm running Mandriva Linux 07 and have an Epsom Stylus C66 colour printer. It was recognised during the installation process and is listed as the default printer on my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Epsom C66 printer

Hi,
    I'm running Mandriva Linux 07 and have an Epsom Stylus C66 colour printer. It was recognised during the installation process and is listed as the default printer on my computer on Open Office. However, when I try to print using it, nothing happens.
    It has been suggested that I need to use gutenprint to get it working, but I don't know how to do this. When I look at my Mandriva package list, gutenprint seems to be installed, but when I type gutenprint at the command line, nothing happens.
    Can anyone tell me how to make my printer work. I've got everything else working - an internet connection, Realplayer 10, Flash player and everything else that I need to use Linux as my stand alone computer system.I'm actually getting to grips with how to use Linux. If only I could get my printer to work. It shouldnt be rocket science I would have thought.
    Can any Linux experts out there sort out this last (I hope) problem for me!!!

Thanks,

Tim

Post Epsom C66 printer

Hi tm2383,

I am fairly new to all this myself, but using the MCC (Mandriva Control Centre) I was able to find, attach and install, my current local network printer.

I did not get it going on my first attempt, but it is now operational and printing using the MCC.

jnike