Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im running DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter using wine, the programs themselves work perfectlyhowever the dvd drive is not detecetd in neither dvd shrink or DVD Decrypter. Any help or ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

DVD Drive not detected when using wine

Im running DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter using wine, the programs themselves work perfectlyhowever the dvd drive is not detecetd in neither dvd shrink or DVD Decrypter. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

In order for Windows apps to see the DVD, you must have it mapped in ~/.wine/dosdevices/.

If it isn't already mapped, and assuming your DVD is /dev/dvd, then this should map it to drive D:
    Code:
    cd ~/.wine/dosdevices
    ln -s /dev/dvd d:

Just Joined!
    thanks heaps for the help, ive done what you you recommended however it didnt work. when i go to the properties of my dvd drive it says that the device node is dev/hdc. so i tried ln -s /dev/hdc d: aswell as ln -s /dev/dvd d: i also went into the ~/.wine/dosdevices folder and found three files, C,Z and D and they are all pointing to the right place so im not sure why it isnt working. Thankyou again for your help im getting closer to solving it than what i was before. Any further help would be great!