Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! i just installed mandriva 2007 and every new version is A LOT better than the previous! And so i want to know how to create a rpm file from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Create RPM file from tar archive

Hi!
    i just installed mandriva 2007 and every new version is A LOT better than the previous!
    And so i want to know how to create a rpm file from tar archive.

thanks

Which tar archive? Are you trying to install a particular application, or are you asking a general question?

If it's a specific application that you want that is not part of the Mandriva distribution, it might be available as a pre-built RPM in the contrib directory on any mirror. That is, go to a mirror and look in this directory:
    official/2007.0/i586/media/contrib/release

There's even a way to teach urpmi to look there automatically, though I've never bothered.

Just Joined!
    Hum, about this...

I sorry for all the mandriva's fans but i found out that Mand07 got A LOT MORE bug than the 2006 (it is for me) so i went back to Mand06 now it's just perfect !

I also managed to install Azureus after two hours of thinking , and then for "rpm" memo, i can't figure out how to install aMule, so i think i'm gonna give up but if there is someone who already has the rpm file, could you send it to me by mail ?

Thanks