Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Hi everybody... I'm a Linux newbie... and I want you to help me please.... I already download the Mandrake 10.0 ISO images from the Internet and I want to burn ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Problems burning Mandrake 10.0 ISO images to CDs.

Hi everybody...

I'm a Linux newbie... and I want you to help me please....

I already download the Mandrake 10.0 ISO images from the Internet and I want to burn them into CDs to be able to install this OS in my Laptop... but... I am having problems with the ISO images burning... They are so big (694MB) and they can't be burn into the CDs that I have... I already try with 650MB CDs and with 700MB CDs...

I really want to test this OS... Can you help me to burn these images? What can I do?

Thanks a lot...

Orion071

Linux Guru
    search on the forums for "nero", loads of people have asked this before.

Basically you need to use the application to burn the images AS AN IMAGE, not as just copying a file from drag/drop.

Jason

ya you need to be using a program that can burn using Disk Images (ISOs), in ur cd burning software, hit file, and the look for something like create disk from image.

Linux Engineer
    sicne nero needs a license, try a program called winISO , ive only breifly seen it working but my brother rekons it really good.

Linux Newbie

WinISO

I didn't know you could use WinISO for burning....thought that was only for creating ISO's....

and can someone please post a cd-burning tutorial soon (eventhough noone really should have to) because these questions are becoming sort of annoying =P

Just Joined!

Re: WinISO

Quote Originally Posted by ooop
    I didn't know you could use WinISO for burning....thought that was only for creating ISO's....

and can someone please post a cd-burning tutorial soon (eventhough noone really should have to) because these questions are becoming sort of annoying =P
    not much you could put in a tutoriale, place the cd in the cd-rw drive, press the burn iso image, it's all the things that can go wrong which you have no controlle over ie broken images and if you want to count it, booting the iso

Linux Guru
    Excellent tutotial u231!

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Linux Newbie
    not much you could put in a tutoriale, place the cd in the cd-rw drive, press the burn iso image, it's all the things that can go wrong which you have no controlle over ie broken images and if you want to count it, booting the iso
    Well, you're right, but some people don't know how to burn an iso image even =)

Linux Guru
    For real though... Sometimes you forget what it's like to be so noob. I remember my first Linux distro burn, I didn't know how to do it. Here's a good tutorial that covers most windows apps:

http://www.iceteks.com/articles.php?...e=burniso&p=1&

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    most newbs use nero, nero comes with a full color pmamphlet on how to use a thier software, and besides it's really hard to screw up in nero unless it's something you have no control over, like bad media, if you want a tutorial have one on how to spot your points of faluire, and finally, double chlicking a iso image image will usally start the burning process

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast