Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have a couple of pdf files i would like to open, but which program(mandriva 2007). also, one other thing i don't understand i downloaded this rss-glx_0.7.6, which is a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

can't open pdf files

i have a couple of pdf files i would like to open, but which program(mandriva 2007). also, one other thing i don't understand i downloaded this rss-glx_0.7.6, which is a collection of screen savers, i wanted to see if i could compile and install something which i did, and when i go to screen savers they are there but none of them work, i have nvdia driver working fine, are they not compatable with mandrvia or am i missing something else?

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    You can use kpdf, evince or adobe reader to read pdf files on Linux. Sorry, I can't help with the screensaver stuff.

Just Joined!
    kghostview will also allow you to read PDF files. I also have no idea what the problem is with your screen savers. Best of luck.

if you don't have any programs configured to open the pdf files in, just click on some pdf file, choose the option "open with" then choose the program you want to use to view pdf files and check the button "alway use this program to open these files"

i'm nor in linux now, so the dialogues can be a litle bit different

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by porsher_puddles View Post
    i have a couple of pdf files i would like to open, but which program(mandriva 2007). also, one other thing i don't understand i downloaded this rss-glx_0.7.6, which is a collection of screen savers, i wanted to see if i could compile and install something which i did, and when i go to screen savers they are there but none of them work, i have nvdia driver working fine, are they not compatable with mandrvia or am i missing something else?
    Hello, do you still have the problem, or is it solved?

Just Joined!
    you can install xpdf, kpdf, kghostview for read pdf files.
    if you have CD or DVD for installation you can install by: click-> start menu ->System->Configuration->Configure your computer. Enter password and install some of software to read pdf files