Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi im kinda new to linux but not really.. i have used it many times.. but now im havign a huge problem tryign to get java to work... My wife ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

JAVA PROBLEMS!

Hi im kinda new to linux but not really.. i have used it many times.. but now im havign a huge problem tryign to get java to work... My wife likes to play games at pogo.com
    well i tr yand play the game and it tells me that my java isnt installed or worklign properly
    I have been tryig for three weeks nwo to get help and get it working.. thanks in advance to anyone who can help.. I really need to get this working . I am running Mandrake 10
    If i cant be reached here plz email me at T-Roc@stny.rr.com plz soemone help me and get the wife off my back

have u tried looking on java.sun.com and downloaded a JRE (Java runtime environment) That by the sounds of it SHOULD solve ur problems.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!

I have almost d/led and instaled everything from that siite ... i had it workign one night .. updated my system and redid mandrake and my hd's and now nothign i do makes it work

Linux Guru

Re: ....

Quote Originally Posted by MuStHaVeHeLp
    I have almost d/led and instaled everything from that siite ... i had it workign one night .. updated my system and redid mandrake and my hd's and now nothign i do makes it work
    1) If possible please try writing in readable english, instead of semi-l33t speek.

2) You had it working one night, what does "redid mandrake and my hd's and now nothing i do makes it work" mean? What changed on your system, can you not repeat whatever you did that night you got it working?

3) What browser are you using? I presume its within a browser you are trying to run a java applet?

4) Are you getting any error messages, what are they?

Jason

Just Joined!
    i have kinda the same problem, but i play runescape, and that needs java runtime environment(JRE) and i have Mandrake 10.0, and i need to find out how to get JRE running on my computer. i have all i need, just the information. also, i use Konqueror and Mozilla, mostly Mozilla. thanks

Linux Enthusiast apoorv_khurasia's Avatar

Re: ....

Quote Originally Posted by MuStHaVeHeLp
    Open a console and type
    Code:
    java
    Then type
    Code:
    javac
    and tell me what is the output you get in each case.
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike
    Registered Linux User: 400426 home page

xgm
    Just Joined!

Just Joined!
    sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre

5 Year old thread, most of these users are not even active anymore. Locking.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.