Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
You computer clearly can run the installer. What do you mean you can't interact with the opening screen? What opening screen is that?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

You computer clearly can run the installer. What do you mean you can't interact with the opening screen? What opening screen is that?
    'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.'
    --Abraham Lincoln

it is a bluish screen that offers 6 options - including install mandriva, help,

I can actually get to the help option at mandriva.com, but not much help is actually offered.

I found this screen through autorun.exe in a folder called dosutils

a little bit more info - when I click on autorun.exe it takes a few minutes to look through the cd and extract files before the autorun screen opens.

It is open on my computer now, it has the following options:

install mandriva linux
    install mandriva linux using floppy
    join the ml community
    discover our online store
    receive assistance
    keep your computer up to date

when i click on install there is no response whatsoever

Are you booting with the CD ?
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Mandriva was not booting from the cd, no matter what I did. So I tried ubuntu, and it is working. That is what I am running now, from cd.

Not sure what was up with Mandriva, and it could very well have been my fault since I am so new at this! One thing though, the Ubuntu home page is much more user friendly than the Mandriva one! It totally walked me through the whole process...just what I needed!

Just Joined!

How to make distrib.sqfs into iso

Hello to everyone! I'm new in linux Mandriva i would really appreciate if anyone can help me how to turn distrib.sqfs into .iso so i can burn it into the cd,whenever i download from a site it says download mandriva metisse iso,so when im done downloading it, it's not an iso its sqfs,it's very time consuming to figure it out pls help anyone. Thnx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3