Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am running mandriva 2007 but can't seem to get the 3d to work. I enable it with AIGLX and then it says to log out and back in. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question 3d Effects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Problem)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Hello, I am running mandriva 2007 but can't seem to get the 3d to work. I enable it with AIGLX and then it says to log out and back in. I do but nothing happens. It just loads like normal. This is my video card: Identification
    Vendor: ‎ATI Technologies Inc.

Description: ‎Rage 128 Ultra TF

Media class: ‎DISPLAY_VGA

Is it possible that it doesn't support it?
    Why would this happen?
    Do I need to instal a package because when I search for compiz in the rpmdrake both packs are done already!
    Anyone else with this problem?

Just Joined!
    I can't find that package in the list of mandriva 2007 but I don't see why the normal stuff doesn't work propperly?

Post 3d Effects

Hi 007quick,

I am fairly new to all this myself, but try using the MCC (mandriva Control Centre) I think there is a 3D desktop setup option, which can be configured.

You can also check under MCC software packages installed, look for compiz which I believe is part of the available utilities,(much like beryl) which is part of Mandriva 2007 free.

I hope you find the information useful.

jnike