Find the answer to your Linux question:
Everytime I login, it looks like it is trying to start up (i.e. the screen flickers a few times) but then it goes back to the login screen with no ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't get past login screen

Everytime I login, it looks like it is trying to start up (i.e. the screen flickers a few times) but then it goes back to the login screen with no visible errors or anything... I've tried booting up in failsafe and running xstart. This also works fine and am writing this e-mail in that. Any possible ideas why it could be doing this? I've recently installed new ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 drivers. I'm running the 64 bit version for my AMD 64. Should I uninstall these drivers? How would I go about doing? Thanks!

Just Joined!
    So I attempted to create a new user name by going into failsafe mode by using startx. I successfully created a new login and attempted to log into Mandriva using the new login. After I entered the nick and password I got this error message, "Could not start kstartupconfig. Check your installation." Any ideas on what I should do with this error? Thanks!

Just Joined!
    Ok so I figured out that the PATH variable was set incorrectly in my .bash_profile... I suppose you should know what you're doing when you alter it =D