Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, I"m new to linux, although I have played with an earlier version of mandrake and dabbled in unix, but this was many moons ago. So i am comfortable ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wireless nic works w/o encryption, but not wpa

Hello all,

I"m new to linux, although I have played with an earlier version of mandrake and dabbled in unix, but this was many moons ago. So i am comfortable with command line interface, but I don't remember any of the linux commands or pertinent tools or software to use.

Anyways, I currently have an issue with trying to enable wpa with my trendnet tew-424 usb wireless nic (uses zd1211 chipset) in mandriva 2007 (powerpack).

I can get the network/internet to work fine without any encryption enabled, but I can't seem to connect to the internet while enabling wpa, regardless of whatever settings i've tried? The odd thing is i can obtain a network address using wpa through the wireless manager, but still no dice with eeenturnet access. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this process? All advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Coho

Post Re: wireless nic works w/o encryption, but not wpa

Hi coho66,

I am fairly new to all this myself, but I would suggest you give the MCC the Mandriva Controll Centre, a try, I think under Network & Internet, should provide you with some help.

I hope this is of use to you.

Jnike