Find the answer to your Linux question:
On the mandriva website the "mandriva linux free 2007 (4CD)" torrents are about 2.7Gig but when I go to download the same thing from a website like softpedia.com the download ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question How big is the mandriva free download?

On the mandriva website the "mandriva linux free 2007 (4CD)" torrents are about 2.7Gig but when I go to download the same thing from a website like softpedia.com the download is 4.3Gig.
    Is it the same ISO file?
    Does the larger one have more features?
    Why is one bigger when they say they are supposed to be exactly the same thing?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytabib
    On the mandriva website the "mandriva linux free 2007 (4CD)" torrents are about 2.7Gig but when I go to download the same thing from a website like softpedia.com the download is 4.3Gig.
    Is it the same ISO file?
    Does the larger one have more features?
    Why is one bigger when they say they are supposed to be exactly the same thing?
    Just download from the Mandriva site and you will have no problems!

If you want maximum features, you should download Mandriva One :
    http://www.mandriva.com/en/download/mandrivaone

Either the Gnome or the KDE edition. Not the free version, of which many features have been excluded, because of their non-free nature.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    They may add a bunch of other stuff to it that you dont need. i would dl from the madriva site and add the stuff i want myself.