Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to Linux and am trying to install version 10.1 to a slave hard drive of 10gb. Also with a master hard drive of 70gb with windows XP. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installation error: no kernel available.

I am new to Linux and am trying to install version 10.1 to a slave hard drive of 10gb. Also with a master hard drive of 70gb with windows XP. After partitioning the slave HD during installation, using the boot CD roms I downloaded from the finnish mirror for this on distrowatch.com, I get the following message (This is after assigning the mount points.):
    "An error occured
    INTERNAL ERROR: no kernel available
    MDK::Common::various::internal-error() called from /usr/bin/perl-install/"
    This jargon then goes on for about a paragraph which I did not have the time to copy out, but is available if absolutely neccessary. Can anybody help, or redirect me to a good information source for this kind of problem.

Hi - It could just be an incomplete / corrupted download. They happen from time to time.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    When you download you need to check the MD5SUM to make sure yoru download was complete and accurate!

Just Joined!
    Thanks, but are you saying the CD ISO wrote to the Cd incorrectly or the actual ISO I downloaded was faulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Billson
    Thanks, but are you saying the CD ISO wrote to the Cd incorrectly or the actual ISO I downloaded was faulty?
    It's not possible to tell, but it could be either of those. Getting a good copy of your chosen distro can sometimes be difficult. I get mine with magazines, where I think there's more quality control their cover disks.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

hehe...
    (sorry.)
    a mail order fingal?!?!
    couldnt resist!!!

all respects to you though, you know your sheot