Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok well Mandriva is my 3rd version of Linux I'm trying. I'm looking for the easy wireless setup and Mandriva seem to be the easiest so far. I setup all ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

WIFI not connecting

Ok well Mandriva is my 3rd version of Linux I'm trying. I'm looking for the easy wireless setup and Mandriva seem to be the easiest so far. I setup all the drivers correctly and it would read the wireless connections around me. But when I try to connect to the wireless connection of choice It does not connect. And when I try to edit my wireless setting it says there are no wireless cards present. Am I doing anything wrong? Any suggestions on what I should do, or what is the easiest version of Linux to setup a wireless card?

Btw I'm using a Linksys WMP45G PCI wireless card.

Just Joined!

Cool

I think that I have the same card and I got it working by installing the drivers to windows then pointing to the files that it needed when It asked.
    By the way that was using the ndwrapper or whatever it is.
    go to harddrake and click configure when you are on the network card of choice then hit get windows driver.
    It should work!
    the only other problem could be if you didn't give the right encription or code or somthing!
    Good luck!

Check to see if a linux driver is available,if not you should be able to use ndiswrapper,check the linux hardware compatability lists.
    ndiswrapper will use the windows driver(.inf) file
    Mandriva is probably the easiest distro for wireless.