Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

more installation problems

i seem to get errors no matter what i try and install here is just an example of what i mean
    There was a problem during the installation:

compiz conflicts with compiz-quinnstorm- is needed by lib64cvsnt2.5.03.2260-
    ...retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with 22 or signal 0

...retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with 19 or signal 0

unable to install package

i try to search for the files it says it needs but it says not available.
    i have set easy urpmi up about 10 times trying different mirrors with the same results, whats wrong?

if you paste this into google you will find the answer "file does not exist. "
    "curl failed: exited with 19 or signal 0"

Quote Originally Posted by objuan
    if you paste this into google you will find the answer "file does not exist. "
    "curl failed: exited with 19 or signal 0"
    i have googled tried different mirrors i'm always getting errors i can't seem to install anything, like this screen saver
    [root@localhost aasaver-0.3.2]# make
    g++ -o src/asciiquarium.kss -Wl,-rpath=/usr/lib/qt3//lib -Wl,-rpath=/usr/lib64 -Wl,-rpath=/usr/lib64/kde3 -Wl,-rpath=/usr/lib/qt3//lib -Wl,-rpath=/usr/lib64/kde3 -Wl,-rpath=/usr/lib64 src/aasaver.o src/screen.o src/frame.o src/sprite.o src/AASaverConfig.o src/settingswidget.o -L/usr/lib64 -L/usr/lib/qt3/lib -lqt-mt -lkdecore -lkdeui -lkscreensaver
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    scons: *** [src/asciiquarium.kss] Error 1
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    [root@localhost aasaver-0.3.2]#
    i have no idea why?

4. $spacer_open
    Birmingham - UK
    Hi porsher

You seem to be talking about 2 separate problems. In your first example you have a software conflict. In the second you're unable to compile a screensaver.

Have you managed to install anything at all using urpm? There are a couple of things that can prevent urpm from working. For example (and this might not be your specific problem) there's a file in /etc called modprobe.conf ... In my own case I had to add the following lines to get urpmi to install anything:
    alias net-pf-10 off
    alias ipv6 off
    You need to have a library called QT installed to get that screensaver working.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Westbury Wiltshire United Kingdom
    Using curl can cause problems,in the control center ,software,under global options tab change from curl to wget. This is recommended by Mandriva.