Find the answer to your Linux question:
Following a disaster with my Mepis dual-boot Im going to give Mandriva a go. I can re-size XP during install no problem but its creating the new partitios thats my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Partitioning

Following a disaster with my Mepis dual-boot Im going to give Mandriva a go. I can re-size XP during install no problem but its creating the new partitios thats my downfall.
    (I was up until 3am last night re-intalling XP)
    Can I tell Mandriva to use the created free space and it will create the swap, root, and home itself?

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jock
    Can I tell Mandriva to use the created free space and it will create the swap, root, and home itself?
    Yes, the installation routine should give you the option to utilize free space.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Thats a relief. Ill give it a go.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    I favour to have the partitions created by a Linux live CD before giving them to the installer for installation. In that respect I would only need say a 1Gb swap (Type 82) and a 5 to 10Gb native Linux (Type 83).

Running a work station instead of a server a single partition installation can be a lot easier to maintain, to boot, to resize and to migrate.

Just Joined!
    Im writing from mandriva now. Install went well and so far Ive this distro a breeze to use, except for the Control Centre window which refuses to close!