Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All, I'm a newbie in Linux and I have a problem with my Level One LAN PCMCIA WPC-0301 wifi card - it works perfectly under Win, but Mandrive doesn't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to install pcmcia wifi card under Mandriva 2007?

Hello All,

I'm a newbie in Linux and I have a problem with my Level One LAN PCMCIA WPC-0301 wifi card - it works perfectly under Win, but Mandrive doesn't see it at all, writing "No device found" in Control Center. And installing windows *.inf driver also is in vain - Mandriva answer that there are no hardvare installed. It also doesn't see PCMCIA bus as I think.
    Are there any solutions of this problem? I couldn't find any linux drivers for my card on Internet... Help please!

I used to have the same problem with my packard bell. Updating the kernel solved it for me.

first go to http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/
    and there go through the steps to set your urpmi database.

after this open "install new programs" from mandriva control center and search for kernel-2.6.17.8mdv-1-1mdv2007.0

( OR if you prefer just go to console and type su, give root password and then type urpmi kernel-2.6.17.8mdv-1-1mdv2007.0 )

after the installing is finished, reboot the computer and in the boot menu choose to boot from your new kernel ( I think it's listed there as "2.6.17-8" ).