Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All! I have downloaded Mandriva One 2007 LiveCD and i was not able to start it up at all. But i really want to try it, so please help! ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandriva One 2007 crashes on boot, right after "Enter", not even starting X.

Hi All!

I have downloaded Mandriva One 2007 LiveCD and i was not able to start it up at all. But i really want to try it, so please help!

The PC crashes right when the second orange screen appears. I understand that on this screen there is a progress bar on the bottom-left, but this is at zero, never more.

I noticed that once the second orange screen is up, then the CD and hard drive do something very quickly (within a second) and after this the system freezes. Num Lock, Caps Lock, Alt+Ctrl+Del do not work, the cd-rom stops eventually, all indication lights do not change state, no sound from hard-drive. Complete stop.

I have been reading about possible problems with Mandriva 2007 and all i could find was a possible problem with the graphics card. I have ATI Radion Mobility M6, which apparently had a problem that eventually was fixed (see http://qa.mandriva.com/show_bug.cgi?id=25562).

I also have tried to pass-on some options to the system through F1. I have tried "failsafe" and "live text" options, but all resulted with the same problem.

Please let me know what type of commands i can pass-on to the system on start-up to try to track the problem.

Just Joined!
    just to confirm, the exact same CD works in a different Dell Laptop, no problems at all.

I now know that the system crashes on the same screen where it says "press Esc to enter Verbose mode" (or something like this), but before this text appears. It hangs at zero percent.