Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I have just recently installed Mandriva One 2007. I am trying to run 'make' to build some package (acx100), but when I type 'make' I get: [root@localhost /]# ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to install 'make'?

Hi all,

I have just recently installed Mandriva One 2007.

I am trying to run 'make' to build some package (acx100), but when I type 'make' I get:
    [root@localhost /]# make
    bash: make: command not found

Also when trying 'which' it says that there's no make in the path.

I just used the regular, plain, one-disc, installation. Doesn't it include 'make'? If not, how can I install it?

Many hanks in advance.

Ronen

Hi - assuming you have some repositories set up for rpm packages you could just open a terminal and type:

su
    [Then enter your password.]
    urpmi make

If you type man make with your current setup and you get no output it means make isn't installed.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by fingal
    Hi - assuming you have some repositories set up for rpm packages you could just open a terminal and type:

su
    [Then enter your password.]
    urpmi make

If you type man make with your current setup and you get no output it means make isn't installed.
    Hi Fingal,

Thanks for the answer, but it didn't work.

Typing 'man make' gives me "bash: man: command not found". It means 'man' is not installed either ..

I tried 'urpmi make' and it says "no package named make", grr ..

Anything else you think I can try?

Thanks.

Ronen

Hiya - start from here. See if you can download make somewhere in your /home directory where you can find it again. I'm not sure if it's available as an rpm, but don't worry about that at this point. The programme is probably available as source code.

The man command will be there for you. Try typing man man .

- fingal
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Run the Mandriva Control Centre, go to the software installation section and look for make, then select it for installation. Alternatively, you can log into the command line as root and do
    Code:
    #urpmi make