Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using Mandriva 2007 with the 3D desktop running. I love the Scale feature but I need some help. I've installed it on a computer with a 8" touch screen ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

3D desktop Scale feature

I'm using Mandriva 2007 with the 3D desktop running.

I love the Scale feature but I need some help.
    I've installed it on a computer with a 8" touch screen and the scale feture is initiated by either pressing 'Ctrl+Atl+Up' or by moveing the cursor to the very top right corner.

Since I'm using a touchscreen and will not have a keyboard the first option is out of the picture. The second option (to right corner) is hard to use with a touch screen and your finger. You end up closeing programs more then anything else.

Does anyone know of a way to either create a button on my panel that will initiate the scaling or a way to move where I touch the screen.

Any help would be great.

thanks.

It doesn't have to by the top right corner, you should be able to assign it to other corners too.Maybe one of the bottom corners would be more suitable.

Are you using Beryl or Compiz? I know Beryl has three different scale variations based around application, workspace and all workspaces (desktops) which are assigned to three of the four corners of your screen.