Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi folks, please direct me to the appropriate post if this is a duplicate... I'm trying to install Mandriva 10.1 on my system and it freezes in all installation modes ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't load sata_nv Nvidia nForce SATA Drivers...

Hi folks, please direct me to the appropriate post if this is a duplicate...

I'm trying to install Mandriva 10.1 on my system and it freezes in all installation modes I've tried when it comes to the hard disk driver load or when using autodetection...

I've tried -->

'vgalo', 'vgahi' and 'text' - with 'expert noauto' and just default (hitting enter at the boot prompt). My BIOS seems to be reporting the correct amount of memory so I don't think that's an issue.

My hardware is configured as follows:

MB: GigaByte GA-K8N Pro-SLI
    CPU: AMD 4800 (64-bit X2)
    Mem: 4Gb ECC Registered
    HD: 4 WD 300Gb Caviar (SATA)
    VID: ATI X800 PCIe

When using the default install (enter at the main screen) it just halts at disk detection. When using expert noauto it complains that it can't find a disk device to use and asks for me to specify a driver... I select the sata_nv for Nvidia SATA and it also freezes directly after the selection.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

-DM

Just Joined!

Unhappy

..had the same problem.. (january 2007)
    and couldnt find a solution but change the board and return to IDE.

Seems to be linux-related issue (doesnt search for SATA - only IDE) and if there is no IDE the install hangs..

..I tried with mandriva 2006 and 2007 .. with the same result.