Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I tried dualbooting Mandriva Powerpack 2007 on my computer, and even thought that installed just fine it had this really weird problem where it would only randomly (and rarely) ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Noob in Need: Mandriva won't boot

Hi, I tried dualbooting Mandriva Powerpack 2007 on my computer, and even thought that installed just fine it had this really weird problem where it would only randomly (and rarely) decide to boot Linux, the rest of the time it would just get stuck at the very beginning of the boot screen. No idea why.

Any help at all would be really appreciated.

i think this is not a Software related problem. you have already posted same question in Ubuntu Forum. if both, Mandriva and Ubuntu behaving in similar manner, problem is in Hardware only.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    I don't think so because while the Ubuntu installation would specifically say the X-graphical interface (or something like that) was not working, and it brought the same error every time. The Mandriva one would just randomly work but still get stuck most of the time and show no error

maybe your HDD is acting up or something?