Find the answer to your Linux question:
The following packages have bad signatures: /home/charles/Desktop/stuff/kdelibs-3.5.6-2mdv2007.1.src.rpm: Invalid signature (NOT OK (no key): /home/charles/Desktop/stuff/kdelibs-3.5.6-2mdv2007.1.src.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 26752624) Do you want to continue installation ? this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

bad signature

The following packages have bad signatures:
    /home/charles/Desktop/stuff/kdelibs-3.5.6-2mdv2007.1.src.rpm: Invalid signature (NOT OK (no key): /home/charles/Desktop/stuff/kdelibs-3.5.6-2mdv2007.1.src.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 26752624)

Do you want to continue installation ?

this don't look good i presume bad installation or download, what can i do to put it right, any ideas.

I would try and download those from somewhere else. They're rpms of source code though: is that what you wanted to download?
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!

qt issue

Quote Originally Posted by fingal
    I would try and download those from somewhere else. They're rpms of source code though: is that what you wanted to download?
    i'm always getting error when trying to install things, usually, missing qt with thread support even though it says its installed.
    heres an example : checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.3) (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
    For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
    Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!

so i downloaded the latest qt package and when i try to install i get this, i get missing kdelibs so i thought if i installed this it might fix it up.
    by the way useing mandravia 2007 64 bit

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Use your package manager to install stuff instead of downloading stuff manually. Go to easyurpmi and setup the main, contrib, plf and updates repos for your version of Mandriva. After that use the Software installation tool to install the qt devel packages.

Just Joined!

qt development packages

Quote Originally Posted by daark.child
    Use your package manager to install stuff instead of downloading stuff manually. Go to easyurpmi and setup the main, contrib, plf and updates repos for your version of Mandriva. After that use the Software installation tool to install the qt devel packages.
    i have installed all the qt development packages i can see, i have set up urpmi useing the easy urpmi page. when i type in at konsol urpmi qt it says package already installed. when i go to mcc i have installed all the qt development packages, but still gives me this qt with thread support error when i try to install things

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    What are you trying to compile from source?

Just Joined!
    [charles@localhost ~]$ su
    Password:
    [root@localhost charles]# urpmi k9copy
    Some requested packages cannot be installed:
    k9copy-1.0.4-3plf2007.0.i586 (due to unsatisfied libkparts.so.2)
    Continue installation anyway? (Y/n)
    the reason i tried to install from source is just about everything i try to install comes up with some sort of problem, conflict or whatever, concerned with either qt with thread support or missing lib files, being a newbie this is frustrating as i just keep going around in circles. i tried to download qt and install in case something was corrupted, but that won't install either, when i try to install from mcc i usually get can't install due to conflicts errors

Assuming that compiling from source is the best option for you, I would try this while you run ./configure

./configure --help

This will list further compilation options for QT. I'm guessing a bit, but there's probably an option to compile it with thread support. It might look like:

./configure --with-threadsupport [Later edit: no, but there is an option!]

It's unlikely to be an issue with corrupted files (very rare on this platform) as long as your packages have good checksums you're okay.

One problem with pre-compiled binaries (rpms etc.) is they don't always have the options you need compiled into them. You've found a quite heavy problem here, and it wouldn't be easy for anyone to solve for the first time.

You might think about removing your existing QT packages, but beware (see ... red for danger ) If you do this some other packages might break ...

Try Googling for missing library files. Often these are fairly easy to compile from source (I still use rpms where I can as urpmi usually resolves the dependencies). If urpm can't manage it, you can still find individual rpms ... What I do then is download them to my desktop, right click them and chose the Software Installer menu option. Sometimes this can work ... at other times you can end up needing more files.

Well done for persisting - this is a hard one to get right. From the Trolltech website:
    On Mac OS X and Unix, thread support is enabled by adding the -thread option when running the configure script. On Unix platforms where multithreaded programs must be linked in special ways, such as with a special libc, installation will create a separate library, libqt-mt and hence threaded programs must be linked against this library (with -lqt-mt) rather than the standard Qt library.

On both platforms, you should compile with the macro QT_THREAD_SUPPORT defined (e.g. compile with -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT). On Windows, this is usually done by an entry in qconfig.h.
    This is an intermediate to advanced problem, but possible to resolve.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!

more trouble

just abit more info, one of the main problems i seem to be having is with libfreetype 8pdf, i have libfreetype 6pdf installed and it won't seem to uninstall and i need libfreetype pdf 8 which won't install until i can remove it.. i have tried to uninstall it through mcc but it won't for some reason

To satisfy dependencies, the following 67 packages are going to be installed:
    ccp-0.4.1-1mdk.noarch
    dkms-nvidia-9631-1plf2007.0.x86_64
    gparted-0.2.5-5mdv2007.0.x86_64
    lib64gd2-2.0.33-5.1mdv2007.0.x86_64
    lib64mm14-1.4.0-1mdk.x86_64
    lib64parted1.7_1-1.7.1-3mdv2007.0.x86_64
    lib64php5_common5-5.1.6-1.4mdv2007.0.x86_64
    lib64wxPythonGTK2.6-2.6.3.3-2.1mdv2007.0.x86_64
    libfreetype6-2.2.1-8plf2007.0.i586
    libfreetype6-devel-2.2.1-8plf2007.0.i586
    libxmlrpc0-0.51-6mdk.x86_64
    nvidia-9631-1plf2007.0.x86_64
    php-cli-5.1.6-1.4mdv2007.0.x86_64
    php-ctype-5.1.6-1mdv2007.0.x86_64
    php-ftp-5.1.6-1mdv2007.0.x86_64
    php-gd-5.1.6-1.1mdv2007.0.x86_64
    php-gettext-5.1.6-1mdv2007.0.x86_64
    php-hash-5.1.6-1mdv2007.0.x86_64
    php-iconv-5.1.6-1mdv2007.0.x86_64
    php-ini-5.1.6-1mdv2007.0.x86_64
    php-pcre-5.1.6-1mdv2007.0.x86_64
    php-pear-5.1.6-1mdv2007.0.noarch
    php-pear-Cache_Lite-1.7.1-1mdk.noarch
    php-pear-Config-1.10.6-1mdk.noarch
    php-pear-Console_Getargs-1.3.1-1mdv2007.0.noarch
    php-pear-Console_ProgressBar-0.2-7mdk.noarch
    php-pear-Date-1.4.6-1mdk.noarch
    php-pear-DB_DataObject-1.7.15-5mdk.noarch
    php-pear-File_Gettext-0.3.4-2mdk.noarch
    php-pear-HTML_Common-1.2.2-2mdk.noarch
    php-pear-HTML_Javascript-1.1.1-2mdk.noarch
    php-pear-HTML_Page-2.0.0-7mdk.noarch
    php-pear-HTML_Progress-1.2.5-2mdk.noarch
    php-pear-HTML_QuickForm-3.2.5-2mdk.noarch
    php-pear-HTML_QuickForm_Controller-1.0.5-2mdk.noarch
    php-pear-HTML_Table-1.7.0-1mdk.noarch
    php-pear-HTML_Template_Flexy-1.2.4-1mdk.noarch
    php-pear-HTML_Template_IT-1.1.4-1mdk.noarch
    php-pear-HTML_Template_Sigma-1.1.4-2mdk.noarch
    php-pear-HTTP_Request-1.3.0-2mdk.noarch

Just Joined!

i have a winner

After heaps of reinstalls and trying various other stuff, i decided to flash up my bios, and it worked, i don't keep getting errors everytime i try to do things, i can install without having to type noapic and other workarounds.

thankyou for your help, its tough starting from scratch when you know nothing but i feel as though i have actually taken a step forward. Frustrating thing now is i'm having trouble installing my video card properly which was working before. i do have 3d acceleration, and it is working ok, but i don't get the nvidia splash screen like i used to and the nvidia control panel is not on my programs list but i can live with it, its working