Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, This is kind of a leading question, I'm trying to get xgl setup and am wondering if this is part of the problem. I have used the last nvidia ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

nvidia glxgears missing

Hi,

This is kind of a leading question, I'm trying to get xgl setup and am wondering if this is part of the problem.
    I have used the last nvidia official driver package that includes my graphics card, geforce2, its NVIDIA-etc-9631.
    Mandriva 2007 free.

The script runs fine apart from complaining about pkg-config and sdk-development. Once installed glxinfo output looks good and opengl games like tux racer work perfectly. nvidia-settings reports no problems nor does Xorg.log

There is, however no glxgears. Can anyone tell me why this is. I think this indicates a problem.
    I'm trying to to all this over a dialup connection so urpmi is not an option. Otherwise I would use plf drivers.

--DAvid

In most Linux distributions, glxgears is part of the package mesa-utils, though I'm not sure there is such a package in Mandriva.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    I feel a bit stupid and lazy, glxgears is in /usr/bin, I don't know why locate didn't find the file but after your email I searched for the file within the rpm database and found it.
    I'm onto the next stage of the problem now, xgl and the white screen.
    Thanks for the reply.

David

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close