Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, while i want to boot to mandrake 10 there is a sequence of these messages: CPU#0:Runing in modulated clock mode CPU#0:Temperature above threshold then halting and can't boot to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

CPU#0:Runing in modulated clock mode

Hi,
    while i want to boot to mandrake 10 there is a sequence of these messages:
    CPU#0:Runing in modulated clock mode
    CPU#0:Temperature above threshold
    then halting and can't boot to login prompt,i opened the case the processor and m/b got cold enought,then i tried to boot but unfourtunately there was the same problem,i think it is not the hard ware problem and heat but there is something wrong with the software that giving these false messages,so i want to change the threshold or even dislabled this for the system and want to use other software to check and control the heat manually,plz help me how and where i can disbled or change the threshold to stop these messages.

Just Joined!

CPU over theshold

I am getting this
    Message from syslogd@localhost at Sun Sep 30 15:49:40 2007 ...
    localhost kernel: CPU0: Temperature above threshold

Message from syslogd@localhost at Sun Sep 30 15:49:40 2007 ...
    localhost kernel: CPU0: Running in modulated clock mode
    in PClinuxOS 07 when running Tovid and/or any video app such as Avidemux or anything that converts video formats. IS this specific to Mandriva/PclinuxOS ?

As I have never had this in the other Dsitro's I have used which is mainly Fedora and Debian.

If its not Distro specific is there any way to fix this ? If video converting is causing overheating what can I do ?