Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I just installed Mandriva Linux Version 2007 on my HP nx6110 laptop and it is working great. However I cannot get my wireless adapter to work. Its a Intel ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to make Intel wireless adapter work in Mandriva Linux 2007

Hello,

I just installed Mandriva Linux Version 2007 on my HP nx6110 laptop and it is working great. However I cannot get my wireless adapter to work. Its a Intel wireless adapter and if I go to Wireless Connections through control center, I can see my wireless adapter "Intel Pro Wireless 2200 BG" in the list, but at the same time a error pops up saying

"Some packages (ipw2200-firmware) are required but aren't available.These packages can be found in Mandriva Club or in Mandriva commercial releases.

Info:
    due to missing /lib/firmware/ipw2200-*.fw

The required files can also be installed from this URL:
    http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/firmware.php"

i downloaded the firmware as mentioned in this link but have no idea what to do next since I am working on Linux for the first time today..

Please guide me with the steps on how to make my wireless adapter work under linux. All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

AJ

Here is the package you are looking for:
    http://rpms.mandrivaclub.com//rpms/m....0.noarch.html

Or you can simply use Mandriva One 2007 (KDE or Gnome), which as all the non-free stuff included (drivers, codecs, etc.).

The Mandriva Free 2007 edition doesn't include any proprietary drivers, thus the problem you are experiencing.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    Do i have to pay and become a member of the mandriva club for downloading this rpm package?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by antidrugue
    Here is the package you are looking for:
    http://rpms.mandrivaclub.com//rpms/m....0.noarch.html

Or you can simply use Mandriva One 2007 (KDE or Gnome), which as all the non-free stuff included (drivers, codecs, etc.).

The Mandriva Free 2007 edition doesn't include any proprietary drivers, thus the problem you are experiencing.

I joined the club but when i tried to download the RPm in link above, it dosent download the rpm. I suppose its a broken link as it says Object not found

Sorry, you are right. Here is the proper link:
    ftp://ftp.easynet.fr/plf/mandriva/20...plf.noarch.rpm
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    Thanks.... its working now