Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, pp! Could you help me please? I need a JPEG/TIFF to PDF converter. Does anyone know such software please? But I would like to have a GUI version and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question JEPG/TIFF to PDF converter

Hi, pp! Could you help me please? I need a JPEG/TIFF to PDF converter. Does anyone know such software please? But I would like to have a GUI version and not a command line one. I am new in Linux and don't know Linux commands.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Just Joined!

Smile

I'm not sure what you what to do but if you need to put images into a pdf you can use openoffice to create a document and then export it as a .pdf file. There are a few other programs that can create pdfs just google linux pdf creator.

If you need to export images from a pdf you will need to run the command "convert". If you are on a newer system the command is "pdfimages". Use "man convert" or "man pdfimages" to get the exact syntax.

Hope this helps.

Just Joined!
    Hi, Cellarboy and thank you for your replay. I wanted to say the folowing: I have scanned documents in JPEG/TIFF format and wnat to transform them into PDF files. How can I do that? Is there any special program? I can't use comand line 'cause I don't know how.

Just like cellarboy said: you can open your JPEG images in OpenOffice, and choose "Export Document as PDF".
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    Wow, guys! It really works! Thank you a lot for adwise! One more question: is there any software that will allow me to add a stamp on my generated PDF document?