Find the answer to your Linux question:
Yeah i m not sure if it's actually called the "system tray". I'll have to give an example of what i mean: When you open up gaim messenger and then ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Gnome system tray

Yeah i m not sure if it's actually called the "system tray".

I'll have to give an example of what i mean:
    When you open up gaim messenger and then close the program, just by clicking on the "x", it closes but it is still running and if you want to look at it you click on the icon next to the clock, usually.

I used to have that working fine, by default i guess, but now i dont have system tray so when i click the "x" it closes the program entirely.

Sorry i really don't know how to explain it well but hopefully someone knows what i mean.

Thanks

you have either 'removed' System Tray from Panel OR turned icon notification in Gaim.
    are icons of other applications appear on Panel? if not, right click on Panel and click on Add Applets to Panel. select 'system tray' from List.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

I cannot see a system tray applet and gaim icon notification is on. Maybe there is an applet i can download to help me?

I think my main problem with this question, and why i cannot seem to google it properly, is because of the trouble im having wording the issue. Oh well...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    add 'Notification Area' from list.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

there it is.

Thanks again devils_casper