Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed Mandriva 2007 "Free" with no problems but when it came to the internet section i selected the default option as i didn't have a wireless router at the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Newbie Installation help

I installed Mandriva 2007 "Free" with no problems but when it came to the internet section i selected the default option as i didn't have a wireless router at the time.

Since then i have purchased a NetGear 54Mbps Wireless Router but when i place the installation disk into the drive tray nothing happens? Also, i cannot play any music cd's? Could someone help me out here please. Big thanks. old_un

Manual Set up only

I do not imagine your disk would be Linux compatable.
    You may be able to open the disk in a browser and look for a folder called docs or find a file that can give you some information on the router.
    My guess is that you will need to find out any relevant information and collect it.
    When you have all the information, login, password, encryption type, etc log in to the router with your web browser and set the router up manually.
    Change the default password for the router while you are there.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by old_un
    I installed Mandriva 2007 "Free" with no problems but when it came to the internet section i selected the default option as i didn't have a wireless router at the time.

Since then i have purchased a NetGear 54Mbps Wireless Router but when i place the installation disk into the drive tray nothing happens? Also, i cannot play any music cd's? Could someone help me out here please. Big thanks. old_un
    You don't have to use the installation cd. I have a Netgear too even if I don't use its wireless capability for now cause i don't have a wireless adapter.

You should check for your wireless adapter settings by going to System -- Configuration -- Configure Your Computer.

The router can be accessed by using your default browser. Address: http://192.168.0.1 or something similar (it is printed on the bottom of the router itself).
    You'll be asked for a login: by default, the username could be "admin" and the password
    could b "password" (both case sensitive).

For the cd audio, check the settings of KsCD. Open KsCd and click on Extras.. --Configure KsCD.
    Be sure in CD-ROM Device is selected the device you are using to play CD's: you should see a line like this:
    system:/media/hdd

Last but not least important: DESELECT "use direct digital playback"

I hope this can help

Dark_Star