Find the answer to your Linux question:
Good Morning Everyone. I have tried to google my question but I think only someone running linux can help me out. I'm running the lastest Mandriva 2007 and the 3D ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cool TTY Console Resolution Settings:

Good Morning Everyone.

I have tried to google my question but I think only someone running linux can help me out. I'm running the lastest Mandriva 2007 and the 3D thing is nice
    but I'm a console guy.

My question is, how can I changed the resolution in my console I mean I'm set to use runlevel=3 and it comes up fine but eveything is in 800x600 resolution. I'm use to having at least 1280=1024 or 1024x768. I thought this setting was in "lilo" VGA=792 or something to that effect how ever I have tried that and nothing. I ran lilo and everything looks good but after I reboot nothing happens same 800x600 I would like to set that up. I have tried googling under TTY + Console + but nothing. I hope I explained my self correctly. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Hey, another framebuffer fan!

You need to add an option to your kernel line, take a look to this table

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Framebu...l_mode_numbers

Add it like this
    vga=??? (e.g vga=0x318 )
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums