Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi There I am running Mandriva 2007 powerpack and I have the following drives on my machine 1. ASUS CD/DVD Rom model is E616A3T (SATA) 2. ASUS DVDRW model number ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Two ASUS DVD Drives, One cant be seen !

Hi There

I am running Mandriva 2007 powerpack and I have the following drives on my machine

1. ASUS CD/DVD Rom model is E616A3T (SATA)
    2. ASUS DVDRW model number is DRW-1608P (IDE)

It is possible to boot from both drives but programs such as K3B cannot see the ASUS DVDRW. If I put a DVD or CD into drive nothing happens.

I'm a little confused by how I'm even supposed to read a data CD. When I put a data CD into the ASUS CD/DVD I get a message dialog asking what should be done but nothing like this happens when I do the same with the ASUS DVDRW.

If I go into Configure my computer -> hardware - only the ASUS CD/DVD is listed

Can someone help me ? Where should I be looking now ?

Thanks
    Neil

hmm... Have you tried adding a new DVD drive or mounting the drive? I doubt there's a loose connection, as you said it booted up with both drives OK.

The other problem could be that one of your drives is IDE. now I don't think this is the problem, but perhaps you should do a bit of research on the net.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
    George S. Patton

Just Joined!
    Hey there

Thanks for your reply

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to mount a drive. I'm fairly new at this side of things. Can you tell me how to do this ?

Thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close