Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed mandriva spring and i currently have it set up so that the GRUB menu only flashes for one (1) second then boots up windows XP, i have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Boot to linux floppy

I just installed mandriva spring and i currently have it set up so that the GRUB menu only flashes for one (1) second then boots up windows XP, i have it set up like that because everyone else who uses this pc doesn't want to use linux and doesn't want to even use the GRUB menu.

If i want to use linux i have to press the "esc" key continually until i see the GRUB menu, so i don't miss it.

I was wondering if there is any way that i can create a floppy disk that when inserted makes the computer automatically load to mandriva linux instead of windows XP. eg, before i start the computer i put in the floppy then i can walk away for 3mins and be happy knowing that it will boot to mandriva and i don't have to sit and watch it and press esc over and over.

Is what im saying even possible? and if so how would i go about it?

Thanks

EDIT:

Three more questions:

1) how can i remove the floppy drive desktop icon, not unmount it or anything just get it to not show on the desktop - especially when theres no disk in the drive.
    2) how can i remove the "ekiga camera" icon from the desktop?
    3) how can i remove the trash bin icon?
    It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.

- Voltaire

Can you force them to use GRUB?
    'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.'
    --Abraham Lincoln

At the risk of seeming like an idiot. What are you talking about, exactally...
    It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.

- Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by tommytabib View Post
    everyone else who uses this pc doesn't want to use linux and doesn't want to even use the GRUB menu.
    I mean, make them use GRUB.
    'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.'
    --Abraham Lincoln

Ohhhhh, now way that can happen. See i didnt pay for the computer and the person who did certainly doesnt want to use the GRUB menu, so i guess i carnt complain really.

- Voltaire