Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently bought the Creative Zen V+ mp3 player, but discovered that it is a mtp device. After several hours of hard work, I finally got it work under linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    fyc
    Just Joined!

mtpsync make file error

I recently bought the Creative Zen V+ mp3 player, but discovered that it is a mtp device.

After several hours of hard work, I finally got it work under linux using libmtp and amarok.

Nevertheless, this method only allow the transfer of songs. The Creative Zen V+ can play .avi video clips and jpg pictures. I cannot transfer such file types using amarok.

I discover a small program called mtpsync (google it you will find it). I download it and start the installation.

It was a tarball file, and I need to get a number of devel pkg installed to support the configuration. It seems that I am successful till then.

When I do "make", I was stuck, with the following:

bash-3.1$ make
    make all-recursive
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/fuh/Download/mtpsync-0.4'
    Making all in src
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/fuh/Download/mtpsync-0.4/src'
    gcc -g -O2 -o mtpsync main.o id3read.o support.o interface.o callbacks.o -pthread -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0 -lgconf-2 -lORBit-2 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lmad -lm -lusb -lid3tag -lz -lmtp -lusb -lreadline
    /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandriva-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetnum'
    /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandriva-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgoto'
    /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandriva-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetflag'
    /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandriva-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `BC'
    /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandriva-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tputs'
    /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandriva-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `PC'
    /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandriva-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetent'
    /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandriva-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `UP'
    /usr/lib/gcc/i586-mandriva-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetstr'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [mtpsync] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/fuh/Download/mtpsync-0.4/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fuh/Download/mtpsync-0.4'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    bash-3.1$

Can anyone suggest where I should look into to fix this?

Smile Re : mtpsync make file error

Try installing the termcap library... I was also facing the same problem and stumbled upon your post.Searched for the missing symbols(google) and the rest followed... Think you might need to also link against termcap library if it is not already present in the link command.

Hope this solves the problem