Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have used my Hauppauge WinTV Theatre card (878 chipset) successfully with Mandrake/Mandriva for about 6 years. It'd gotten so easy I'd stopped keeping notes on how to set it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

kdetv problem with Mandriva 2007.1

I have used my Hauppauge WinTV Theatre card (878 chipset) successfully with Mandrake/Mandriva for about 6 years.
    It'd gotten so easy I'd stopped keeping notes on how to set it up!

But now I have installed Mandriva 2007.1 Spring and it doesn't go to the scanning screen.

The channel wizard has three red lights. For this it suggests configuring VBI Decoder in the settings dialogue. But under kdetv settings, plugins, VBI Decoder there are no plugins.

If I try in the Control Centre. Hardware, set up tvcard. And as I used to in Mandrake 9.2 days, select Hauppauge bt 878, tuner type autoselect. I click OK and it goes immediately back to the Hardware screen having apparently done nothing.

I have tried uninstalling kdetv and reinstalling from other mirrors but the results are always the same.

I have found the following source:
    http://csourcesearch.net/data/packag...vbidecoder.cpp
    but frankly, don't know what to do with it.

I'll keep looking, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Just Joined!

Problem solved

Many thanks to dswdad for this simple solution.

What I found is that you must have Video4Linux and ONLY Video4Linux checked in the video driver section of the KDETV setup. I had Vdeo4Linux2 and some other VideoPlugin checked as well. Once I unchecked those 2, it worked fine.

Worked for me too!

Thought I'd post the solution for anyone else with the same problem.

Thank you to all those that read my post.