Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i m new in linux. I've downloaded Mandriva 2007 spring iso file from mandriva web site. I can run the live cd and it also start install when i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mandriva 2007 spring installation problem

Hi, i m new in linux. I've downloaded Mandriva 2007 spring iso file from mandriva web site. I can run the live cd and it also start install when i click the live install icon. It copies the files but after that it does not show any menu showing linux's name. It just goes straight to windows xp.
    But the installation was complete. Do i have to do something after installation?
    My config:
    Intel core 2 duo 2.13 Ghz, 512 DDR2 Ram, 160GB Sata Hard disk, Graphics and sound built-in.

There should have been a stage during the installation when it talked about installing a bootloader (probably Lilo). That's what deals with chosing which operating system to load, and clearly it isn't doing it's job here. Do you remember this happening? And if you do, do you remember any details of what happened?

Giles
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are powerless. Our greatest fear is Microsoft"
    Registered linux user #391027

Just Joined!

Installation Problem

No, It does not show bootloader type anything. After copying it does not show anything. But it gives a bug report. But only once.

Thanks
    Aumi

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    What did that error message say?

Giles
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are powerless. Our greatest fear is Microsoft"
    Registered linux user #391027