Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Has anyone used a Zoom ADSL modem (Model 5510) wiith Mandrake. I picked up this modem with a two month free trail of Tiscali Broadband plus , today for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Zoom ADSL modem and Mandrake, are they compatible?

Hi

Has anyone used a Zoom ADSL modem (Model 5510) wiith Mandrake. I picked up this modem with a two month free trail of Tiscali Broadband plus , today for half price. If the modem is not compatible with Linux or Mandrake, I can take it back. Any help most welcome.
    Also any advice on intalling a broadband modem under Mandrake would be most welcome.

Cheers

Confused

Yes it should work...i dont know a reason that it would not....though i havent found the spacific module for it ..it dose sound like there is one for it...
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Just Joined!
    Hi Mike

That you for the reply it is very good news. I cannot let you know if its works yet because I have still got to get the broadband provider to install me, but I will let you know as soon as I do.
    Re the spelling, as you can see I have no room to complain.

warmest thanks

Confused

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Hummm, no answer back yet? But for the others of you, Yes, Zoom modems have Linux software support. If not on the poduct CD, then go to the web site. But the question should be if your LAN modem is compatible with Mandrake? Remember it is the LAN modem that connects to the ASDL or Cable modem.