Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All, Has anyone any experience of setting up kmail ? I have all my original mail settings written down for use with Thunderbird under windows but trying to work ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Setting Up Kmail Help Please (newbie)

Hello All,

Has anyone any experience of setting up kmail ? I have all my original mail settings written down for use with Thunderbird under windows but trying to work this into kmail settings is causing me problems at present I have no mail in or out.

Can anyone offer any assistance ??

Many Thanks

Badger.brad

oz
    forum.guy
    Check your settings again, because the settings information for Windows should also work in Kmail.

Go to Settings / Configure Kmail...

Under identities, press the MODIFY button and add your name and email address.

Under accounts / receiving, press the ADD button and add your incoming email information.

Under accounts / sending, press the ADD button and add your outgoing email information.

If that doesn't work, you are entering something wrong.

Who is your ISP for email?
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    In response to your PM...sorry, but the mods don't answer any support questions by PM because doing so robs other users of the opportunity to make use of any information or help provided.

That said, I'm not familiar with your ISP or their email settings, so you'll probably need to contact them and get them to tell you exactly what to put in each category when setting up the Kmail client.

They'll probably say they don't support Kmail, and that's fine, but they should still be able to tell you what piece of information goes in each of the settings categories.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Kmail Setup Help Found

Hello all/Ozar,

Many thanks for the help Ozar for anyone intrested I found a good site for setting up k-mail But found I had to alter the settings slightly where they quote Host I found I had to alter this to smpt.blueyonder.co.uk (my service provider) for sending and Pop3.blueyonder.co.uk for receiving rather than Mail.blueyonder.co.uk. anyway here is the site OCS Solutions - Tech Support - Setting up KMail

Hope this may help Someone.

Badger.brad

England UK