Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am fairly new to Linux but have got everything sorted except for the Citrix ICA client, which I need to connect to my work desktop. I am using Mandriva ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Display Problem with Citrix Client

I am fairly new to Linux but have got everything sorted except for the Citrix ICA client, which I need to connect to my work desktop. I am using Mandriva Free Spring 2007.

I downloaded and installed the latest Unix client from the Citrix website. There were a few missing dependencies I had to round up, but after that it installed fine.

I can bring up the manager and create connections etc, but when I try and connect it brings up an empty, black window. The client seems to be running fine as I can type in my credentials and get a connection to the server, but it is simply not displaying anything in the window (not even any window borders), just a black box.

I am assuming this is some kind of problem with the way the client is interacting with Xwindows, but I have no real idea. Can anyone give me some tips?

Cheers.

not sure if this will help but I usually open the ".ICA" files with wfica (/usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica).

Just Joined!
    Thanks, but no joy. In fact things have gotten worse. For no reaosn I can work out the manager has stopped working altogether. If I run it I get a huge list of messages like this:

Warning:
    Name: FONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG_STRING
    Class: XmRendition
    Conversion failed. Cannot load font.

followed by a segmentation fault, at which point it terminates.

This is all getting too hard for me - I may have to go back to Windows! (No!!!!)

Anyone have any luck running the Windows ICA client using WINE?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I have been using ICA for about 4 months with no problems (using SuSE 10.2). You should contact Citrix and they will work with you to resolve your problem.

Never needed to install it with wine.