Find the answer to your Linux question:
What's up? I also have got a problem at the booting time. I've got only the opcion to inrtroduce the [I]root user name and its password. No session option nor ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Only root user, and no session options nor other users

What's up?
    I also have got a problem at the booting time. I've got only the opcion to inrtroduce the [I]root user name and its password. No session option nor other users. Do I have to reinstall the system from scratch?

So what happens when you boot?

Do you just go straight to the root desktop? Do you have to enter root password? Do you have any other user accounts?

A little more info please.....
    " I didn't know it was a picture of his wife! I thought it was a publicity shot form Planet Of the Apes."

Just Joined!

Question Boot problem

Well, at the end of the booting process it appears a box to fill with 2 options: 1) User name & 2) Password. That box only accepts root and its password. When I try to use my own user name and password it says wrong password(?)

Quote Originally Posted by the bassinvader View Post
    So what happens when you boot?

Do you just go straight to the root desktop? Do you have to enter root password? Do you have any other user accounts?

A little more info please.....

To start with check your user account exists. Log in as root, open a Konsole and execute this

Code:
    less /etc/passwd
    Go to the end of the list and check to see if your user account is there. If its not you'll have to create it with the useradd command.

If it does exist then all you have to do is change your password with the passwd command.
    " I didn't know it was a picture of his wife! I thought it was a publicity shot form Planet Of the Apes."

Just Joined!

Thumbs down

I really appreciate very much your help but I lost patience and I reinstalled the whole version from scratch; so I don't have the problem anymore. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by the bassinvader View Post
    To start with check your user account exists. Log in as root, open a Konsole and execute this

Code:
    less /etc/passwd
    Go to the end of the list and check to see if your user account is there. If its not you'll have to create it with the useradd command.

If it does exist then all you have to do is change your password with the passwd command.