How to install programs?
I already spent hours on google, forums, and asking to friends, nobody have been able to answer me.
Let me introduce my problem:
- I don't have apt-install
- I don't have urpmi
- I can't install any of them because ./configure never works
- Even as root, RPM installation in graphical mode always fail
- I have reinstalled Mandriva several times with all possible features, and used the auto-check thing of the cd, there doesn't seems to be any problem.
What to do?
What are the specific errors when you
- Enter urpmi from the command line as root
- When you try to install an rpm
urpmi -> bash: urpmi: command not found
rpm -> Unable to access "Mandriva Linux - 2007.1 (Free) - Installer" (even with the mandriva cd inserted). When I click ok, I get Unable to access "Mandriva Linux - 2007.1 (Free) - Installer (contrib)". And when I click ok it says the installation is finished but nothing has been installed.