re: burn ppc iso with toast
TOPIC: How to burn a YDL ISO via Mac OS "Toast"
This HOWTO is to guide the creation of a Yellow Dog Linux ISO on a Mac using Mac OS and "Toast" software. Works for other disto too.
Let's get burning!
After downloading your image into your MacOS (or OSX) desktop, do this:
1. Make sure your blank CD-R is at least 670MB+ capacity.
2. Check the size of the ISO by locating the ISO on the Mac OS desktop, hi-light it, and then:
... produces the filesize as follows (with the Dayton 2.3 as an example):
Kind: ISO disk image
Size: 646 MB on disk (667,478,400 bytes)
3. Launch Toast. On the main and only window of the Toast "Titanium" application you are presented with the following icons of the Toaster Settings:
Audio (to copy audio content)...
Copy (to copy one disk onto another) ...
4. Select Other
5. Under Other or the next to the last icon on the toaster window we have the following choices available in this submenu:
Enhanced Music CD
Multitrack CD Rom XA
6. Select Disk Image (Notice it is NOT ISO 9660)
7. You now have the following options: Select, Mount, and Burn.
1. Select the downloaded "dayton-2.3-20020704-install.iso" image.
2. Mount it (make certain it is mounted!).
And it is that simple. Don't you love your Mac, now ENJOY your YDL LINUX, the best is yet to come.
This HOWTO was written by Sergio Valdes-Flores