Nvidia Card & Mandriva
Sorry for having two thread's open, but both are different problems on different pc's, lol.
This problem is on my Desktop.
I installed Mandriva to a new Partition on my Drive, installed great, dual boots with Win XP or Linux perfectly.
After install of Mandriva i noticed the graphics on it were very grainy, so i thought it might not have detected my Video Card properly. And sure enough it did not.
I have a 256mb Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 in it, along with the on board graphics chip which i do not use.
I am wondering how i can install the proper drivers for my video card? I tried putting in the disk that came with my video card but it does not do any thing, i think it only runs on Windows probably.
Any ideas of what i can do to get it to install the proper drivers for my video card?
I think there are quite a few howtos out there regarding this topic, but I can repeat it in short here ;)
1. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers and find your specific card. Download!
2. Go to init 1 (su a shell and type init 1)
3. type in sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.12-pkg1.run (replace with the correct name - and path!)
4. follow the instructions
5. when finished - reboot or do a ctrl-alt-backspace
6. Hopefully you'll get the NVIDIA logo. You should now have the correct drivers with all the good stuff.
Nvidia Geforce 9500M GS
Hey linuxfreaks ;)
I know that there are few problems with new nvidia and not only adapters...
i searched a LOT untill i found this HELPFULL url that supports almost EVERY Nvidia Adapter and believe me 9500M GS was the toughest!
So, here you go ;)
Dont mind that 'ubuntu thinggie' it worked for me on Mandriva which was the dist that i had the major xgl (GL) probblem/issue.
#CodeMasters on irc.dal.net - SpItHash