A user account with severe usage restrictions
I've been toying with Mandriva 2010, after five years without using Linux (I'm self-employed, and my work requires several programs that would only run with a native MS-Windows), and I don't find how to create a user with very limited priviledges...
Could I ask your help ?
Very simply said, this user account is meant for the babysitter taking care of my kids when my wife and I are having some freedom time outside home.
I want her user account to be able to :
- browse the internet (firefox, preinstalled, will do)
- open a very precise folder (currently, in MS-Windows filesystem, c:\documents and settings\all users\documents\video, this folder is also accessible in Dolphin or Konqueror with Mandriva, I already placed a symlink to the desktop of my testing account)
- and play the movies present inside this folder (these are movies for my kids)
And NOTHING else !
This user account must NOT
- be able to browse the other partitions (I tried hiding them in Dolphin, but they appear again on demand),
- be able to browse the other folders of the partition containing the allowed data (currently, in MS-Windows filesystem, c:\documents and settings\all users\documents\video)
- change desktop settings likely to affect the other user accounts
Frankly, do you think there is an easy way to create and limit a user account like that ?
If that's possible, I'm VERY interested, thanks a lot for your help, advice or links, in advance :)