Wireless Internet help . . .
Okay, here's the deal:
Got the internet configured on my Mandriva 05' LE - no problem. The wireless internet is not going so smooth.
Here's the setup:
I have an IBM Thinkpad T30 2367 with the Intel 82801 CAM (ICH3) Pro1/100 VE (LOM) wireless card in it.
I used the MCC and configured the wireless connection like this:
1) Menu -> System -> Configure -> Configure your computer.
2) Enter root pword
3) Selected "Network and Internet"
4) Set up a new network interface
5) Selected "LAN connection"
6) Selected "eth0: Intel Corp./Express Pro 100
7) Ethernet Protocol chosen "Manual configuration"
8) Entered *IP Address and Netmask
*These were obtained by typing in the "ipconfig" command on the computer that still has WinXP
9) Entered Host Name, DNS server 1, search domain, and gateway.
10) did NOT enter a ZeroConf Host Name
11) Selected "No" for if I want to allow users to start connection
12) Restarted network
13) right click on network icon, and select "Connect eth0"
14) enter root pword
Then get the message on the internet icon "Network is up on interface eth0"
Attempt to connect to internet and. . . . .
wait and wait and wait and wait - then get the message:
"www.google.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again."
I have no idea what I did wrong, but it just doesnt want to connect. When you look at the traffic, there's some going out, but nothing coming in.
thanks in advance.