Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have had this recurrent problem on my ancient Digital PII laptop. The Mint text is at least readable(about 7/10)- whereas DSL is about 2/10 legibility. Before it crashed, Windows ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

very poor screen image- dsl and mint

I have had this recurrent problem on my ancient Digital PII laptop. The Mint text is at least readable(about 7/10)- whereas DSL is about 2/10 legibility. Before it crashed, Windows XP was slow but fully clear.
    I gather that that problem is drivers- altho it has taken me a long time to find this out .
    I am trying to download the roght envy driver for mint, but in the long term I would rather go with DSL on my PII.
    Can anyone let me know how to get the drivers for DSL?
    As any alternative- any Lite system without these sort of probmes would be great
    Steve

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums, digda_beat!

Check out this poll for favorite distros for older/weaker hardware.

It sounds like you might be viewing your display under the wrong resolution. I know that when I first install lots of distros, everything often comea out very blurry until I get the resolution tweaked a bit. However, having no experience with laptops, I can't be sure that's the case. Maybe some of the others will offer up some advice that will help.

Have fun with Linux.
    oz