Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay so I'm trying to Boot Mint from a Live CD and then proceed to install it on my hard drive. BUT! When I hit the main login screen and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

"Corrupt Kernel" in Mint

Okay so I'm trying to Boot Mint from a Live CD and then proceed to install it on my hard drive. BUT! When I hit the main login screen and I select either:
    "Boot Mint"
    or
    "Boot Mint in Safe Graphics Mode"

I get a
    "Corrupt Kernel" error.
    It may be my burning method. But I'm using Nero 8 and the thing has so many different options and stuff it can't do simple burns or I just can't figure it out.
    I'm so close to finally having Linux...
    Any sugestions?

EDIT: I'm currently trying the burn again, I've figured out generally what I need to do and read a page that gave instructions so now it comes down to luck I guess...

EDIT #2: OK, I burned another Disc following instructions from two different outside sources (they said the same thing) and got the same results. Any help?

Make sure you are not burning the ISO images as bootable, that will be done automagically. Burn at the lowest speed possible to avoid mistakes. Check the md5sums/sha1sums of the download and the Disk that you burned, See this link for more info on sha1/md5 sums.
    Howto: Verify Downloaded Linux / BSD DVD or CD ISO images for integrity
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Alright yea I checked it and it was different. Thanks for the tip. I'm making sure to download it from the "official" download link this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens_Da_Punk View Post
    Alright yea I checked it and it was different. Thanks for the tip. I'm making sure to download it from the "official" download link this time round.
    Terrific, be sure to start new threads if you need more help.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Allright. Thanks man