Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting the solution....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting the solution.

ok now im looking for a avi/wmv to dvd convert a xvid or whatever into a dvd anyine have any ideas for one that simple to use?? like vso divx to dvd? all you do is select source file then select high quality/slower encoding then select where you want output file to go and youre off and running but thats on windows and through wine gives some horsecrap error

Hi leo5111 - good to hear from you again ... you are probably better off starting a new thread with a good description rather than tagging it onto this one ... I don't think the issues are really related. Someone was after some help on a avi to dvd script ... so you might want to search for that on the forums.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    ok now i cant login as root from login screen i enabled root password when i first installed or how do i set it now so i can login as root thanx

Quote Originally Posted by leo5111 View Post
    ok now i cant login as root from login screen i enabled root password when i first installed or how do i set it now so i can login as root thanx
    If you have forgotten the root password then use recovery mode option from the grub menu at boot time. This gives root access without a password ... then you can use passwd to set the password you want.

Your better off using sudo, if you get lazy then use sudo -s means you only enter the password and type sudo once for each terminal session (or until you type exit). Use gksu in GUI to run individual applications with root access.

i think was because i had just reinstalled and updates for linux had just been done and it had not rebooted because as soon as it rebooted i got in as root thanx though

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan183 View Post
    Assuming you can see the volume ... right click on it, select properties from the pop-up menu, click on the volume tab and type sdb5 in the mount point (you may need to click on settings to show the mount point), then select close. Right click the volume again and select mount from the pop up menu.

Press alt+f2 and type
    Code:
    gedit /etc/mtab
    this will open mtab in gedit ... the last line should be /dev/sdb5 /media/sdb5 ......

Press alt+f2 again and type
    Code:
    gksu gedit /etc/fstab
    this will open fstab in gedit.

Copy the last line in mtab and paste it as a new last line in fstab, save fstab and exit.

Shutdown and restart the system and you should have sdb5 automatically mounted.
    used that in mint 4 it mounts drive and makes it accesable in mint 5, 64bit automounts but you cant put anything on it and says permissions not determinable in permissions tab not sure what im doing wrong i formatted a drive to ext3 primary partition then next boot mount it even before automount i looked in permissions tab, says cant determine permissions

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6