Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have tried two times to register with the Linux-mint forum, using two completely different user names, and email addresses and no conformation email was received on either address. Does ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux mint, How the heck do you get registered for their forum?

I have tried two times to register with the Linux-mint forum, using two completely different user names, and email addresses and no conformation email was received on either address. Does anyone know if this bunch has folded their tent, or what?
    It's a damn nice distro, but there are question that need to be asked, and a forum of users would be nice. I tried the address given on their site for their "root", but it bounced.
    Anyone have any ideas on whats up over in Ireland? (the listed origin)
    Any help would be appreciated.

oz
    forum.guy
    Perhaps your ISP or your email app is blocking the confirmation email from them thinking it is spam. Just guessing, though.

You might be able to find out for sure on their IRC channel:

irc.spotchat.org/#linuxmint
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Perhaps your ISP or your email app is blocking the confirmation email from them thinking it is spam. Just guessing, though.

You might be able to find out for sure on their IRC channel:

irc.spotchat.org/#linuxmint
    Nope I have checked multiple time, and I get comformations from every other forum group, with no problem. I dont have irc chat on my distro, mainly because I am not sure how to work it. I am fairly new to Linux ( love it though), and havent tried that little tool yet. I may have to try and muddle through it though to get in touch with them. At 62 in two weeks, and not much in the way of pc knowledge, I fell proud that I have made it this far, lol. I am always trying to learn new things, and this has been one of the most fun things to learn, as well as the most frustrating. Kepps the grey matter working though. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron G View Post
    Nope I have checked multiple time, and I get comformations from every other forum group, with no problem. I dont have irc chat on my distro, mainly because I am not sure how to work it. I am fairly new to Linux ( love it though), and havent tried that little tool yet. I may have to try and muddle through it though to get in touch with them. At 62 in two weeks, and not much in the way of pc knowledge, I fell proud that I have made it this far, lol. I am always trying to learn new things, and this has been one of the most fun things to learn, as well as the most frustrating. Kepps the grey matter working though. Thanks for the reply.
    i haven't done much in IRC in quite some time, but i believe that opera has a built in IRC client...on the outside chance that you use opera.

oz
    forum.guy
    Firefox has an IRC extension as well:

http://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/16
    oz